About Me

My photo
I've grown up in Phoenix and have LOVED it!! I have 3 beautiful sisters and 8 wonderful nieces and nephews!! They light up my life!! I have wonderful parents who still continue to help me grow every day. I really could not ask for better parents. Right now I take care of my wonderful grandmother who has dementia. We have so much fun together. And I'm grateful that I can spend this time with her!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Just Say NO!

I've been getting my eyebrows threaded at the mall and it's been WONDERFUL!! I don't have to deal with the rashes I get from waxing.  Well, one day I was like I HATE PEACH FUZZ!! So I decided to have my entire face threaded to remove ALL peach fuzz from my face.  The girl that did my face was like "you can't see the peach fuzz that well because it's blonde"... but nooooooo I said "I CAN!"  What a dummy!! I should have listened because this did NOT end well. I know someone who had their face done and they didn't have any problems or side effects from the procedure.  So, like a dummy, I thought nothing would happen to me.  After sitting in a chair for about 20-30 minutes it was all done.  My face felt really smooth and I LOVED it! So of course I told all my girlfriends to go have it done...
Well, give it a day and you can look like this too...
My face KILLED starting the next day...
When I noticed what a HIDEOUS monster I looked like I recalled my message to all my girlfriends and told them some things I should have considered before having my face fully threaded... let me list a few: FACE BREAKOUTS into a MAJOR rash,  never know I might turn out with a black bearded face, my face has no protection from the elements, my face is a little too smooth, and will the hair on my face grow back prickly????  AHHHH!!!!!! I MISS MY PEACH FUZZ!!!
I can actually report back that my skin is back to normal.  It took almost TWO weeks for it to clear up.  I can see a few specs of the rash on my face, but it's nothing compared to what it was... THANK GOODNESS!!  And the only reason I can share these HORRIBLE pictures with you is because this TRIAL is done in my life!! 

So lesson learned... I WILL NOT BE SO VAIN!





8 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh CT Blackbeard is no more! HAHAHA! Great post! :)

Jessica P. said...

Oh my gosh that looked like it hurt! Thanks for sharing so I don't make that mistake someday! I'm glad your back to normal! :)

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I'm glad your face is back to normal now! It seriously looked so painful!! Yikes! I will never do that! Thanks for being the ginny pig!!

Cheryl said...

OUCH! I remember you wanted to go into hiding! I felt bad for you, and I know how that feels because I've had the 'monster look' more than once! Glad you're all back to normal now!

Aston Family said...

OMG that is crazy!!! My mom had a very similiar reaction to laser hair removal! Im soooo glad you are back to normal poor thing!

Brianne said...

I felt so bad for you! It looked so uncomfotable. Glad you are back to your beautiful self!!!

Tara said...

Wow I'm so glad you did that first! Thanks for not calling me to go with you. Glad your face is back to normal ;) You're a brave woman......a brave woman.

Julianne said...

Ha Ha ha! I am finally checking blogs and just saw this! Ouch, you poor thing but at the same time I am laughing (I hope you dont mind)!!
I am looking forward to the bleachers Tuesday night!