About Me

My photo
I've grown up in Phoenix and have LOVED it!! I have 3 beautiful sisters and 8 wonderful nieces and nephews!! They light up my life!! I have wonderful parents who still continue to help me grow every day. I really could not ask for better parents. Right now I take care of my wonderful grandmother who has dementia. We have so much fun together. And I'm grateful that I can spend this time with her!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Girls Day!

Our fun day started out with a stop to Cafe Rio... would you expect any different???
Shannon, Ashley and I went to Inspirador's open house. This is a brand new wedding venue in Mesa. My friend Kristen designs cakes for them.
Here's Kristen with one of my favorite cakes... she seriously is soooo talented!! You should check out her blog... http://mybakedbliss.blogspot.com
She made some really... REALLY YUMMY cupcakes to try! I LOVED the pumpkin ones!! I so want one right NOW!!
This seriously is a cool place to have a wedding, reception, or just a party...
We of course had to try EVERYTHING OUT!! :)Next stop... you guessed it... wedding dresses!!We're single and yes we hangout at wedding dress stores. The dresses are big, glam and fun to look at... I LOVE this dress... so me!Ashley found her dress for her wedding... or maybe a Jane Austen gala.So many dresses to look at... LOVE IT!! FOUND IT... THIS IS THE DRESS I WANT!! SERIOUSLY!!! Could you see me in this with a bird cage blusher and maybe some feathers??? I TOTALLY CAN!! I LOVE IT!!!!!Last stop: Bahama Buck's!! Gotta LOVE IT!!!And Finally, we made it back home with our tummy's full... because basically we ate all day long and our weddings planned out. :)

10 comments:

Marci and Stuart Taylor said...

hahahaha so THIS explains it!! I had someone seriously ask me if my friend ASHLEY was getting married!!! Even after I said NO NO NO about a million times, she wasn't convinced!!!
So Ash.. who's the lucky fella?? :)

P.S. we are having a re-do when i get back!! :)

Brianne said...

1st off I love Ashley's butt in the last pic!! :) So my question is did you girls try any of the dresses on. That is the only way to do it!! You go to different shops and you each get a turn being the "bride". It's fun you should try it and take pics and blog it!! :)

Brianne said...

P.S. I love Kristen's cakes they were beautiful and so was the venue!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

That looked fun! If I wasn't doing hair that day, I totally would have joined you! And I loved that last wedding dress! Makes me want to get married all over again... to the same guy of course.... just to get all dressed up and have a party!

Cheryl said...

Only one thing missing.... :D

Cheryl said...

Well... I guess three things are missing... :O

Liz said...

First off, Kristen's cakes are gorgeous and amazingly artistic as ALWAYS! Second, if you get that dress Krista, make sure you get some rockin' gloves that go past your elbow and some ruby red lipstick. Third, I used to work around the corner from Bahama Bucks and just the thought of it makes me go through withdrawls!!!!
Fourth, have you been doing "buns of steel" lately???


Oh yeah, and Meghan called me yesterday :) hee hee I am so sneaky.

Sher said...

dresses are so fun to look at! very cute cakes! I hope you are doing well!

Aston Family said...

Haha!! I love you... that's it!! You are sooo much fun! Miss you!

bchboy said...

You ladies were having so much fun we just had to put this on the Inspirador Fan Page on Facebook!

Thanks!