About Me

My photo
I've grown up in Phoenix and have LOVED it!! I have 3 beautiful sisters and 8 wonderful nieces and nephews!! They light up my life!! I have wonderful parents who still continue to help me grow every day. I really could not ask for better parents. Right now I take care of my wonderful grandmother who has dementia. We have so much fun together. And I'm grateful that I can spend this time with her!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ava's 1st Birthday!!

Can you believe Ava Bean is a year old now!! I seriously can't!!!! I know her birthday was at the beginning of the month... I'm a little slow at blogging... but anyways... I just wanted to post a little something about this girly!
When Tara and Aaron told me they were prego again I was SOOOOOO EXCITED!!! I was even more excited when they told me they were having a girl and giving her my middle name!! I will say... I think I got teary eyed... I felt so honored that they wanted to name one of their cherished blessings after me. And then... Ava was born on June 9th! What a blessed day that was. When I saw Ava Lynn for the first time I didn't want to give her up! (Not that that's unusual... I pretty much like to hog my nieces and nephews.)
Ava's so petite and BEAUTIFUL!!! She's calm and never cries! I love cuddling with her and taking as many kisses as she'll give me! I'm so thankful to be her aunt (FYI... FAVORITE AUNT)!! I remember one night I was over at my sisters house and I was laying on the bed with Ava and we were just talking away... I was trying to get Ava to say my name. Let me just say that was one of the BEST nights of my life!! When that little girl said my name and knew she was doing something cute... she was ADORABLE! Her eyes just lit up!! Thanks Ava for saying my name before anyone else... well minus dada... but that's an easy name to say!

So I made Ava Lynn her first birthday cake!! It was perfect... pink and small!!!! What more can a girl ask for???
Happy Birthday Ava!!!



4 comments:

Cheryl said...

You're gonna love all the progress she's made since you last saw her... she's pretty much brilliant! Love that little angel!!!!

Tara said...

That was such a sweet post for my little bean :) She loves you so much and I know you two will always have a special bond. Thank you so much for making Ava the perfect little pink birthday cake! You're the best aunt/sister ever!!! (Well, I have a few great sistas :) Love you and I can't wait for you to get here tomorrow!!!

Brianne said...

I love all the great pics of Ava! I was so sad to miss it since I was sick. You won't believe how much she has learned since she has been here in Cali. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!! Drive safe and love you!!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

She is the cutest stinkin little thing ever! I am sad that I missed her birthday. :( But I'm glad you made her a little birthday cake!! You are a good auntie!