About Me

My photo
I've grown up in Phoenix and have LOVED it!! I have 3 beautiful sisters and 8 wonderful nieces and nephews!! They light up my life!! I have wonderful parents who still continue to help me grow every day. I really could not ask for better parents. Right now I take care of my wonderful grandmother who has dementia. We have so much fun together. And I'm grateful that I can spend this time with her!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

All GIGGLES in D.C.

So many of you know that I went to D.C. with Grandma for Clarissa's wedding. I had so much fun hanging out with FAMILY and one of my BFF's!!

I LOVED shopping with my cousins and just giggling!!


Love the looks girls!!


I met Clarissa's new daughter Sarah Lynn! I call her Lynnie... she calls me Lynn... Yep we're BFF's now!! She is so fun and has a LOT of energy!!! We went swimming together on Friday and had so much fun!



Miranda picked me up that evening and took me to the
Washington National Cathedral.
It was so pretty and peaceful. We sat in the courtyard and listened to the choir practice. The window was open so we could hear... it was BEAUTIFUL!




Then of course we HAD to do some model shots!! hahaha!! We crack ourselves up!!


So the day of Clarissa and Christian's wedding I played with Sarah Lynn at the temple. We had a lot of fun "walking" around... well more like me chasing to keep up! hahaha!


Time to take a break... hehe!!

I'm so happy for my cousin!! She looked BEAUTIFUL on her wedding day!!


Grandma and I at the P.F. Changs for the luncheon!! YUMMY!!!A very successful party!!
After the reception Miranda came to Laurel and hungout with me all night!! We had sooooooooo much fun!! I think my insides were going to fall out from laughing so hard!! Luckily Grandma didn't have her hearing aids in... so she couldn't hear us!! hehe!!

We decided we were "hungry"... well... I really just wanted an ice cream cone and she wanted a Diet Dr. Pepper... but do you think that's all we got? I think not!! Miranda had coupons for McDonalds... haha... they have coupons for McDonalds! That's seriously so funny to me!! So of course we had to get Chicken nuggets and fries!! SOOOOOOOO UNHEALTHY!!!!! But I will even admit... it tasted so HEAVENLY!! HAHAHAHA!!

The next day Mike and Amber took us all out for brunch. It was delicious!!
Thank You!!!!

After brunch Miranda came and picked me up again!! Thanks Miranda!! She drove about 40 minutes one way each time!! She's such a great friend! We went and saw some of the sights. Here I am in front of the backside of the White House.
Miranda took me to my FAVORITE store!! H&M baby!! Wherever we go... we will ALWAYS find one!! I LOVE this place!!!
After finding some great finds at H&M we headed over to the
National Portrait Gallery!
I didn't know they had a Portrait of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young... but Miranda filled me in on that one! It was neat to see those pictures hanging there!
Afterwards we went and had dinner at this cute little restaurant! while you wait for your food you play games...
As you can see... I WON!!! HAHAHA!!!

We went back to Miranda's house for awhile and hungout with her roommates! That was super fun! Her girls were adorably funny... but I'm pretty sure they think I'm evil from the video I showed them I made!! Haha!! Don't worry... I'll be posting that soon! :) So the time came when I had to leave... we were driving and Miranda said she was making a detour... and I didn't have a clue where to. We pulled up and she said, "Yeah! Melanie's here!!" Woop! Woop! I got to see Melanie while in D.C.!! I love this girl!! Thanks for the surprise Miranda!! I had so much fun!!!And so... this is the last picture of my trip. It was sad to leave my friend there... I really wanted to pack her in my suitcase and bring her home with me!!! Thanks to all my family and friends! This really was an AWESOME trip!!!

8 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

What a fun trip! Clarissa looked beautiful! That is so great that Miranda showed you around D.C.! I'm curious to see the video you were talking about!

Taylor K said...

What, no wig photos?!?!?!

Cheryl said...

I don't know what to comment on... this was a very 'full' trip! I'm glad you had such a great time. BTW- that model shot you took of Miranda where she's looking away, you know the 'artsy' one, ya, that belongs in a museum or magazine or something... it's really a great shot!! I miss Miranda, she's so much fun and the two of you together are
T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!! :P

Shelly Rowlan said...

Krista. In the same amount of time that you did all these amazing and life-changing things, I sat in my room and worked on my quarter collection. Some day you will see the wisdom of my decision. Right now you are too dazzled by all the glitz of DC and the charm of friendships to see that really the important thing in life is . . . MONEY. Preferably in 25 cent state quarter increments. I sorrow for you, I really do.

Val said...

KRISTA! I miss you! If only we lived by each other... You sound like you are doing SOO good! Soon, i will be coming to Phoenix for a visit and we MUST get together! LOVES

ikathy said...

You had a great time, didn't you, Krista? Cute pics and fun friends and family. Also, I like the music you play on your blog. I turn off the music on some blogs because it's too loud or I don't like a certain song. Now, everyone's going to be wondering about that, aren't they? Don't worry--I'm old, remember?

Miranda said...

Awww... Krista! I love you! We did have a blast,didn't we?! And honey, you know I'd drop all day just to see you! That's what being BFF is all about :). I had so much fun with you and can't wait until we can do it again.

Tara said...

Looks like you had a super duper time! Love all the pics! I agree with mom. That pic of Miranda looks like a magazine picture. You're so much fun! Thanks for taking such great care of Grandma! Love you!