About Me

My photo
I've grown up in Phoenix and have LOVED it!! I have 3 beautiful sisters and 8 wonderful nieces and nephews!! They light up my life!! I have wonderful parents who still continue to help me grow every day. I really could not ask for better parents. Right now I take care of my wonderful grandmother who has dementia. We have so much fun together. And I'm grateful that I can spend this time with her!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

At Peace

So as everyone knows from my last post I was a "little" panicked about giving a talk. Well... I did it and I'm GLAD it's over!!
So I think the talk went good. I didn't vomit or have any laughing attacks and the best part is I didn't pass out either!! My dad was laughing at me though... because my legs were shaking really BAD!! During my talk I was thinking to myself... why the heck was I wearing heals??? Seriously... heals and shaky legs don't mix!!
I will say that our Heavenly Father was so aware of my needs. He totally blessed me with four wonderful people that shared their testimonies with me on the topic of fellowship. If you could all read their testimonies you would seriously be so inspired to get up and start fellowshipping those around you! To them I am so grateful.
I also want to thank everyone that came to hear me talk. You are ALL so wonderful!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am so BLESSED to have your love and support! And now... I am at peace... NO MORE TALKS FOR A LONG TIME!!!

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

You could NOT see panic at all! I was amazed at how calm you seemed. I, too, really appreciated the letters from people that shared about fellowshipping. They were very inspiring! Thanks for braving it! You did a great job! Oh ya, the last part of the last sentence on your post, 'no more talks for a long time'? Can you say- dangerous??? :)

Tara said...

You did a wonderful job! You always do. I'm thankful for your talk, it really inspired me. I came home and told Aaron about it and he said he was going to ask you to read it to him too. I kept telling him how great it was :) You are a great sister and I'm so thankful you're MINE :) Thanks for being you.

Patty's Place said...

I so wish I could have been there to hear you speak. I know how SCARY it is to do that but it gets less scary the more you do it :O Well, maybe not! I love you.

Shelly Rowlan said...

I think you have just tempted fate, especially since your name was drawn only a week ago for institute devotional. Be ready, your karma is calling.

Brianne said...

I think you should post the letters for everyone to read, you can leave them nameless. They are VERY much worth sharing. I am very proud of you! You did an AMAZING job on your talk. Thank you for sharing you wonderful testimony!! Love you sis!!

Miranda said...

Gosh I wish I could have been there! And I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to help you out, but it sounds like it turned out perfect anyways! You are amazing Krista, you are the only one surprised at how well you did- the rest of us have always known you were fabulous! :)

Briannon said...

yea i cant believe i missed it either. sounds like it went awesome though, maybe you can do a redo for aaron and I!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I'm so bummed that I wasn't there! I heard it was awesome! I didn't expect any less than that from you though of course! Read it to me on Sunday ok! Love you!

Krista said...

Haha! Mom, I'm not tempting fate... if anyone wishes for me to talk in the near future I'll just say NO WAY! I've done my duty!! haha!! And to Aaron, Breba and Erin... I can email you the talk. I don't do encores :)

hilary said...

so happy for you! talks are one of the scariest, most dreadful things, aren't they? i'm sure you did so great!

Liz said...

I'm so bummed that I missed the big event. I'm so glad you rocked it Krista! Ben says "good job Krista... I can't wait to meet you"

<3 Liz