About Me

My photo
I've grown up in Phoenix and have LOVED it!! I have 3 beautiful sisters and 8 wonderful nieces and nephews!! They light up my life!! I have wonderful parents who still continue to help me grow every day. I really could not ask for better parents. Right now I take care of my wonderful grandmother who has dementia. We have so much fun together. And I'm grateful that I can spend this time with her!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

PANIC ATTACK!!!!


So I've been thinking that... I'm a REALLY LUCKY GIRL!! I've been in the singles ward now for... well... never mind that... it's just been awhile. So I've only had to give one talk since I've been in the ward. I have seriously been so blessed that I haven't been asked to get up since then. Well, my luck changed last night!! Brother Beezer took me into his "office" and told me not to hate him... and asked if I would give a talk February 15th. OH...MY...GOSH!!! Breath... Breath... OH FREAK!!!!! I don't know what I'm even going to speak on!! I REALLY HATE GETTING UP IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!!!!! I'm having a PANIC ATTACK!! Anyone want to go t.p. Brother Beezer's house with me?????? I really think I'm going to vomit... really!! I don't think the branch presidency understands how stressed out I get... maybe I'll do what that kid did in the other singles branch... pass out... not a bad plan!! You know what... I think this really happened because I mentioned to someone this past week that I don't like to get up in front of people... of course this would happen right after I say that!! So now I solicit to all my friends to pray for me so that I don't VOMIT in front of the whole congregation or even hyperventilate... all I have to say is that this will be interesting...

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Don't vomit! What time are you going to TP Brother Beezer's house? Before 9 pm? I'll go if it's before then... otherwise... count me out!

Moses Family said...

You'll do great! Just make sure you have someone there beside who knows CPR just in case! Preferrably a boy, and cute. :)

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Deep breathes Krista. Deep breathes! This trick always works for me... don't make eye contact with anyone in the congregation while you are talking. You look over them and above them and just remember-- they are all sitting there thinking "wow, I am so glad its not me up there!" And they will love every little word you have to say! You will do great! Love you!

Shelly Rowlan said...

Just pretend to be blogging or talking on the phone--this will take massive visualization skills, but still I think you can do it. If you want to, you can just call me on the phone and read the talk to me, while simultaneously speaking into the microphone. Actually that would be a cute talk--everyone in the audience will feel like they are listening in on a private conversation--and what gets people's attention more than that?
I will be near my phone on Sunday, Feb 5th at exactly 2:25 pm. Don't let me down.

Jacob and Tiffany said...

All of your R.S. lessons were awesome so I bet your talks are even better! Hang in there girl, you'll do great! Good luck!!

Brianne said...

You will do amazing!! You did great R.S lessons. You have a great testimony to share with your branch! I'm with Erin, just look over their heads. :) I'll be there smiling up at you :) Also if mom is going to TP I want to see this!!!

Callie Thurell said...

MAN!!!!!!!!! I am so bummed that I won't be there to hear the great talk ever given (cuz I know you'll do great!)

Gates & Tausha said...

oh you're talk will be GREAT!!! i don't know anyone (well maybe SOMEONE) that doesn't get nervous...and a little barf is ok!! :) ahha...you'll do awesome. just know it. :)

CandraWynne said...

maybe I should sneek into singles ward just one last time to see you talk :) haha its been a while for me! Good luck with the talk you will do awsome and just think... it will be a VERY VERY long time before they ask you again and by then you will definatly be graduated right?! RIGHT!

Sher said...

I had to give a talk in December and it'd been a long time for me, but I enjoyed doing it and you really learn alot for yourself. And ya know, when you have the spirit with you, it's a great feeling to know that you affected someone with your talk. I'd love to be there to hear it! *WINK* xo you'll do awesome! (thanks for the comment!)

Krista said...

Mom- we'll go Feb. 14th at 2 in the afternoon... is that early enough?? And Shelly- be ready for my call on FEB 15th!! I will be calling you at exactly 1:25... be PREPARED!! Also, did you get my talk written in German yet?? I know everyone is going to LOVE that!!

Julianne said...

I think I am going to have to attend the singles ward on the 15th! Do they allow pregnant ladies in???? You will do AWESOME! Hey, we might have to sign you up to do a devotional up at camp.....we will let you off the hook ONLY if you really vomit on the 15th!! :)

Jeanette said...

Hi Krista,
This is Gage. In the summer, can you pick up Ashley and come over to swim with me and Ashley? If you can, our phone number is ***-***-**** (bleeped out by Mom). Thanks if you can. If you can't, just tell Ashley and I will call Ashley. Done. Bye!

Liz said...

Ha ha I love that message from Gage... Anywho, You will rock the socks off the pulpit Miss Krista! (but to be safe, maybe you should try eating something neutral colored so it will blend in with the carpet... you know..... in case something "happens").

I wish I could be there to see and hear you because you are going to be phenomenal. Yes. PHENOMENAL!

Love ya!

Lizzz