About Me

My photo
I've grown up in Phoenix and have LOVED it!! I have 3 beautiful sisters and 8 wonderful nieces and nephews!! They light up my life!! I have wonderful parents who still continue to help me grow every day. I really could not ask for better parents. Right now I take care of my wonderful grandmother who has dementia. We have so much fun together. And I'm grateful that I can spend this time with her!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Morning Jog/ Walk


Lately I've been trying to improve my cardio workout and I feel sooooo good doing it!! I've been going to Thunderbird park and hiking EVERYDAY!!!! If you know me... you know that I have NEVER liked hiking!!! It's so funny how things change!! So this morining I woke up "early" and decided I was going to do my old route I use to jog/walk... I'm thinking to myself I should have cut off like 15 minutes of my time with all the hiking I 've been doing. (I've only been doing the hiking thing for like 2 weeks) HA!!! The last time I did this route it took me like an hour. I am PROUD to say it only took me 40 minutes!!!! YIPEE!!!! So I cut off 20 minutes of my time and I thought I would announce that!! So I have a goal by next month to do this same route and cut off another 5 minutes!!!! I CAN DO IT!! YES I CAN!!!!

NO REGRETS 2009!!!!!

16 comments:

hilary said...

krista! that is awesome! you go girl! i like your them! i love hiking at thunderbird, there are so many fun trails. i go there when i have time, maybe i'll see you there! :) oh yeah and i just wanted to thank you for the christmas card you sent in the mail. you are so sweet and it was good to hear from you!

hilary said...

oops, that is suppposed to say *theme* :)

Tara said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! You have been so awesome about exercise! Thanks for being a great example to me! I know you can cut out 5 more min if not more. You rock!!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

You go girl! Thats awesome! I agree with Tara, I bet you could beat your time by more than five minutes next time! You would be surprised! :)

Cindy said...

Way to go Krista!!! Keep up the good work!!

Brianne said...

Way to go Krista!!! I am so proud of you!!

Callie Thurell said...

Good for you! Like you were - I am not a fan of hiking! But I don't think I will ever get into it.

Cheryl said...

You are my hero. What devotion. Once you put your mind to something... it happens!

Liz said...

Krista, my sista, I am super excited about your hiking achievements!! Wha-hoo is all I have to say. Actually I also wish I were there to hike with you too! Thanks so much for coming last Saturday! It was awesome to see you and you looked HOT!

USAmy said...

That is awesome, you are a great example, seriously!!

Lacey said...

Great job Krista! You are awesome, keep up the good work! (thought I already posted this, but I guess it didn't show up. So if it shows up, you'll just be lucky and get 2 comments from me! :)

Miranda said...

Hmm.. as happy as I am for you, my heart breaks that we never did the hike together! Wish this devotion to hiking had come, say 3 years ago! Haha. You are amazing, keep it up, you're an inspiration!

Dana said...

That is so great Krista!!! I have to agree with Liz, you did look HOT last Saturday.

Krista said...

hahaha!! Thanks Liz and Dana!! You always know how to make feel good about myself!!!

Cheryl said...

I got on your blog to sign up as one of your followers. Where do I do that? I don't see any place to sign up on your blog. :(

Pam said...

First off, I think you always look hot! You are always so put together.
I will warn you, hiking is addictive! There's nothing like fresh air and making it to the top-I love Tbird park!